March 29, 2008

Pantothenic acid

Font Size
A
A
A

Definition of Pantothenic acid

Pantothenic acid: Pantothenic acid is vitamin B5, one of the less well known B vitamins, perhaps because it is widely distributed in nature.

Pantothenic acid is virtually ubiquitous. It is present in foods as diverse as poultry, soybeans, yogurt, and sweet potatoes.

No naturally occurring disease due to a deficiency of pantothenic acid has been identified, due to the plentifulness of this vitamin.

An experimental deficiency of pantothenic acid has, however, been created by administering an antagonist to pantothenic acid. This experiment produced disease, thereby demonstrating that pantothenic acid is essential to humans.

Pantothenic acid was discovered in 1940.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

wholesaleherbs said...

pantothenic acid - Your work has inspired me to be an excellent source. I pass on your blog to many of my friends as well.